Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lasik and the Park :)

Poor Brian got Lasik on Friday :(  The end result is good, he can see perfectly...but the experience was not so fun for someone like him who hates even putting in eyedrops!  They ended up having to use some contraption called "retractors"   which sound like a medieval torture device to me!  I ask him if the Valium they gave him helped, and he says, in true Brian form, "Yeah, they gave me ONE 10 mg pill...then they gave the fat chick next to me two!  I weigh more than that chick!"  Haha...

So now he has creepy, red zombie eyes...but other than that the procedure was a success.  I made the silly mistake of waiting for him in the waiting room while he was gettting it done...with Belle.  Haha...silly mommy!  Needless to say I probably did about a hundred hot laps around the doctor's office, and had to excuse my daughter to pretty much all of the staff she ran into/got in the way of :)  At least she was adorable doing it.  Except when she decided to turn off the lobby tv everyone was watching...uh-oh!

She did do one completely precious thing while we were there though.  A family came in with several children, one was a little girl that was almost five, named Keyana.  Now Belle has no concept of personal space with anyone...I know, I know, she's only 1.  So Belle see the new family and figures, "Hey, they're the only people within a 1-mile radius I haven't poked and prodded!"  So of course, she runs up to the family.  Then she stops...looks at Keyana for a minute, then walks right up to her, arms outstretched, and gives her the biggest hug..and holds on to her for a good 20 seconds!  It broke my heart.  So adorable.  Then in true Kristyna fashion, I got jealous and said, "Jeez, she never hugs me like that!"  Haha...no but seriously it was the cutest thing I've ever seen.  And Belle must have learned early that that's a quick way to make fast friends, because then Keyana wouldn't leave her side.  Hence, I was chasing two kids around Barnet, Delaney & Perkins.  Yes!

A few days later...after Dad had recovered a little bit, we took a trip to the park!  Here's Brian and Belle on top of the world!!



Oh and Belle newest word is "down!"  Which she says pretty much anytime you're holding her :)  haha...my little independant woman!

Oh and one last thing...7 days until Telluride!!! Wahoo!  First real mommy/daddy trip since Belle's was born! Powdery slopes here we come!

No comments: