Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'm Domestically Challenged!

So now that Belle's one, I'm trying to transition her into eating only table food.  She's been trying different things for a while now, but I'm suddenly overwhlemed with trying to come up with a balanced diet for a one-year old!  Now, for a normal woman my age with any amount of culinary skills this would not be a challenge at all!  I mean come on, we're not talking about preparing an elaborate meal to feed a large dinner party, we're talking about feeding a one-year old here!  How hard can it be?!  If only I was that woman...nope we're talking about the girl who for the past decade, eats out or throws together something either microvavable or with a prep time of 5 mins or less.  I have zero domestic skills (poor Brian), he actually teaches me how to cook basic, everyday dinner type meals.  So now I feel completely unqualified for coming up with healthy meals for my child.  I'm the girl who still gets a "smoothie" (code word for sugar-filled chocolate blended drink) everyday for lunch!  I'm  so wishing I would have taken Home Ec :)  So here's to some online research on things like steaming veggies, and appropriate meals for developing kiddos, you know Cooking for Dummies types stuff.  Oh, there's an idea, maybe I should buy that book!  Jeez...wish me luck!  Someday I will look back at this and laugh...I hope ;)

1 comment:

Holli said...

no spray butter!!! and no frostys and fries! haha! those were the days!!!
chicken, turkey breast cooked at 350 for 20-30 min. cut up in small bits, red peppers diced, canned green beans, steamed spinach, blue berries, though not very nutritious my kids loved frozen peas and corn - run under cold water but still frozen, cherry tomatoes cut up, yogurt, wheat pasta in the microwave, brown rice.... not very much cooking but still nutritious!!