Saturday, June 21, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Brian had his first Father's Day this week! Unfortunately, it fell on a B shift and he had to work. So after we had gone to bed on Saturday night, I snuck out into the garage and created a beautiful aesthetic display of his gifts, with a card artfully placed on top. (Those of you who know me know is wishful thinking because I have absolutely NO artistic abilities whatsoever! Haha, but bottom line I tried to make it pretty!) Well a lot of good that did me, because the next morning as I'm anxiously awaiting a phone call to hear what Brian thought of his gifts...I get a text from Brian saying, "Thanks for the card!" To which I reply, "What about the presents!!?!" Haha...being the gracious wife that I am. Brian asked me what I was talking about...and I told him that I had left his presents, UNDERNEATH the card he picked up from the seat :) He went back to the car, and finally discovered his Father's Day present!


So the moral of the story is, be more observant or habitually keep a tidy car (something I clearly do not do) if you want surprise presents to be found in it...depending on your point of view of course :) Either way, Happy Father's Day to my amazing husband...and soon to be amazing daddy!! The first of many to come :) (Hopefully next one's not a B shift!)


Yep, those are little fire engines and ladders :)

1 comment:

Holli said...

so sweet! What is a b shift?
Are you going to find out what you are having? are you telling names?